WEBMASTERS.COM 4Admin™ Upgrades Log
This a log of upgrades, updates, and other changes to applications, control panel, and other core server software*
Last Update: 03/18/19*
Current software versions: (live as of this moment -- full information available in "Server Specs")
Our new servers and control panel have been updated and streamlined for better performance and to remove outdated programs and functions.
Welcome to the future.
--- System --- ---
Upgrades and updates to core server software and 4Admin™ Control Panel tools will be listed here:
ex: Software versions of PHP, new functions and bug fixes in DNS Manager, File Manager, etc
- The 4Admin™ AutomatiCRON has been updated to address an issue with user Scheduled Scripts (CRON) execution.
We recommend that you also check and or re-enter any non-functional cron scripts to make sure they are correct.
Make sure the correct location (httpdocs/ or cgi-bin/) directory is included in the command path.
- The Webmasters's Support Center has received an upgrade to provide better ticket handling, tracking and notification.
- The Import function of the Email Manager has been been updated to address a bug.
- Access Control has been updated and is now available. This tool lets you create secondary control panel users with limited
privileges. i.e. A web developer or employee can be limited to prevent access to Change Password, etc.
- FTP has been updated to properly allow SSL connections.
Please use 210.webmasters.com and Explicit FTP over TLS*, Passive (PASSV) Transfer Mode, port 21.
with your FTP (or primary account) username and password. Please note that FTPS will not work.
* These settings work perfectly with the highly recomended and easy to use
Filezilla FTP program.
- An update has been made to the general email system and ProcessWatch™ service to better help prevent incoming spam floods.
- Custodian has been updated to better handle log file cleanup.
- The Change Password tool has been updated to fix a bug preventing proper allowed password entry.
Serveral other tools have received updates in the ongoing "facelift" project.
- Domain Registration control panels, transfer, registration, re-seller sign-up and other systems have been updated to better accommodate
PHP 7 accounts.
- Links to the Hosting Account Management control panel,
and the Knowledge Base have been added to the
Hosting Control Panel.
- A bug that was preventing CGI execution (32/64bit) has been fixed.
Debian Linux has received a minor update to PHP 7 (7.0.30-0+deb9u1 -> 7.0.33-0+deb9u1
- Wordpress and Joomla Autoinstallers have been updated with more information and to provide smoother version upgrades.
- This log has been reorganized for better clarity (application updates are no longer separate)
Happy New Year!
- An issue which was preventing some users from sending mail and or locking some accounts for abuse has been solved. An update has been made
to Custodian which should prevent this is in the future. Note: This will not prevent accounts from being temporarily locked for abuse, but
should prevent incorrect anti-abuse measures and allow user-resolution, which usually just involves reseting your email account password.
- The previous character fix for File Manager has been reverted due to technical issues and causing more problems than it solved. It will have
to be revisted at a later date.
- A IMAP bug which prevented using SSL has been fixed. For best results, use 210.webmasters.com as your IMAP SSL (incoming) server.
- Some small updates have been made to make the Webmail and control panel login pages a little more mobile friendly.
- Recommended email client connection settings have been added to the main page of "Email Manager" for easy reference.
- Some drop down menus, such as the "Select a Function" in "File Manager" will now auto-activate upon selection (No need to click "GO").
Various other menus will receive the same treatment in due course where appropriate.
- Fixed a potential bug in Webmail functions in regards to POP connections.
- Fixed a bug in "File Manager" which prevented some .htm/.html pages with special character codes ("�" instead of the more modern
"©" for example) from loading into the edit window. To workaround this, "�" will now show up as "?" - as the text (for viewing) is
decoded into basic characters. The best way to make sure those symbols always show up online is to edit your code to use the HTML, such as
("& copy ;" (no spaces) to give you the Copyright symbol.
- Debian Linux has been updated to v9.6
,python, and other
packages have also received minor updates) --> Please see "Server Specs" for full details.
- Fixed a bug with SSI (server side includes) for perl script execution. (rename .cgi scripts to .pl if you encounter any issues)
- Installed the 'imap' PHP extension
- Custodian has been updated and will now clean (spam@ spam.user@) mailboxes of all email 7 days or older. All existing 7+ days spam has also
The 4Admin™ nightly Custodian is now collecting and displaying your website traffic statistics in the "Traffic Statistics" tool.
With this update, the New 4Admin™ Control Panel is nearing its beta completion! All in all, apart from a few remaining items - it already
The "Database Manager" tool has been updated to fix a bug which prevented proper login and sometimes caused session errors.
It now takes you directly to the phpMyAdmin login page (which is the same as the direct database login page:
https://210.webmasters.com/mysql/) to manage your databases.
10/22/18 - *in progress*
The 4Admin™ nightly Custodian is now on the job! To begin, there will be regular cleanup of your server (Access/Error) logs,
with more on the way - all designed to keep everything ship-shape and tidy.
Hosting administrative functions such as Billing, Support Center, Add Options, additional account access, and all other tools are available
by logging into the new "Hosting Account Management" control panel from the main Webmasters login page:
https://www.4admin.com (left-hand, "WEB HOSTING LOGIN" box, same username/password)
All files and web hosting content are still accessed either through the "Hosting Control Panel" link at the top of that page or from the direct
server login that you have been using at
Tip: You can also use "Settings" at the very bottom of the Hosting Account Management panel to link to the login of your domain
registration or other accounts. This will then let you jump right to them by using the tools under Other Accounts.
- We have also installed a work-around for the Spam Filter bug that was recently reported (failure to generate code image when requested)
which will allow mail that was flagged as possible spam to again be sent through the form.
09/14/18 - *in progress*
New 4Admin™ / PHP 7 based Hosting Control Panels are receiving a gradual facelift and will now be more visibly
polished as well as distinguished from our Legacy server accounts. (We apologize as this is not yet finalized and may fluctuate).
- PHP 7 accounts can now be ordered and automatically set up!
- Fixed a minor bug in Coming Soon pages.
Newly created accounts will now have a proper, placeholder, "Coming Soon" index page.
Virtual/Managed Server Admin control panels should now correctly allow 6-15 character passwords when creating domains.
The 4Admin™ AutomatiCRON should now automatically restart Apache (and other services) as needed within 5-15 minutes,
for example, after a SSL Certificate is installed.
Increased the server default PHP values for post_max_size and upload_max_filesize to 200M as they are often
requested for program function.
To see these and other current (and server default) PHP values, please use PHP Manager -> [View All PHP Configurations].
Bug fixes and minor updates have been made to Webmail and the Forwarding/Redirect systems.
If there was (or is) an issue, please use the Redirect URL tool and click [Save] to "reset" the Forwarding/Redirect system.
If the issue persists, use the Addon Domains tool to create (and delete) a fake, parked addon and the reset will definitely complete.
Databases will now have the "Lock Tables" privilege granted by default. This will fix some problems with some newer
application versions, such as Joomla! having permission issues.
The Database Admin tool has been updated with a new [Export] function.
This will create a .sql backup in /storage/databases/(name of database)/ (above /httpdocs) which can be used
to restore a damaged database and can easily be downloaded to your computer from File Manager or through FTP.
The Addon Domains Email [Import] function now also looks for the exported mailbox file in httpdocs/
The qMailer Mailing List Manager has been updated and is now available.
Please note that the new version uses a different URL for administration than the previous version.
Additional information is available in the Autoinstaller.
Corrected a bug which could cause incorrect IP display in the control panel and some tools, such as DNS Manager.
- Joomla! 3.8.5 is now available
Fixed a bug which prevented generation of CSR and KEY files for purchasing new SSL certificates.
The tool now also stores the csr.txt and key.txt in /storage/ssl (above /httpdocs) for safe keeping.
Corrected an issue with SMTP authentication. Please make sure SMTP authentication is enabled in your email client.
The Linux kernel (on all servers) received a security upgrade which required a quick reboot.
The Email Manager [Import] function now looks for an exported mailbox file in httpdocs/
This file can be exported from another server and then uploaded with File Manager or FTP.
Import will then detect the file presence and offer a new [Click to Import!] button.
The Upgrades Log (this!) is now active, but you already knew that. ;)
Fixed a bug in the Addon/Forwarding system which was preventing proper function of forwarded URLs and Webmail, etc
Fixed a bug in File Manager which prevented the HTML Editor from loading
The New Universal DNS system has been installed
Webmasters now uses the same (4) DNS for all domains - this new system is faster and easier to maintain and use.
The new DNS are listed below.
This is the DNS to use at your domain name registrar (including us) to point your website to Webmasters's servers.
- The DNS Manager has been updated - DNS defaults updated / NS information added - zone box resized
- Control panel updated with new DNS and other useful information (see side panel)
Auto Reply Form has been updated and is now available
A bug which prevented Webmail copy/move/delete function has been fixed
Updated File Manager to fix a HTML/PHP code "bleed" bug when HTML textarea elements were present which prevented proper usage
Updates to SSL, Apache, PHP, redirects and other basic control panel function
Control panel updated:
added (*) indicator to show which apps have been updated
added (x) to indicate which may not yet properly function
added a Wordpress tool to the main page for ease of access
03/01/18 - Welcome to the New 4Admin™ Beta!
This is the unveiling of our new server platform which includes several updated and upgraded core software versions:
Debian 9.4 (custom)
MariaDB 10.1.26 (MySQL 5.6 compatible)
- The Autoinstaller has been streamlined, slimmed down and upgraded
ZenCart has been updated to 1.5.5f and is now available
Drupal has been updated to 8.4.4 and is now available
OsCommerce has been updated to 22.214.171.124 and is now available
Wordpress has been updated to version 4.9.4 and is now available
*Please note: Not all changes are logged and update frequency is at the discretion of the admins and development team.
Dates given may be approximate depending on content and other factors.
- Debian Linux 9.6
- Apache Apache/2.4.25
- PHP 7.0.33-0+deb9u1
- MariaDB 10.1.37-MariaDB-0+deb9u1 (MySQL 5.6 Compatible)
- TLS v1.2
- OpenSSL 1.1.0j